Saturday 24 December 2016

unit 10 p5 m3 d2

Unit 10 P5 and M3

Interpret findings from the research presenting them clearly in an appropriate format

Analyse the research findings and make recommendations on how marketing strategies could be adapted or implemented

Within this assignment we were asked to plan and conduct a market research for Otterbox, who were bringing out a new range of phone cases. The new range were aimed at teenagers therefore they needed us to carry out a market research for them and then present the results from the research. First of all, we used primary research to conduct a questionnaire for a group of 20 people to fill out and give feedback on the Otterbox phone case.

This shows the names of the people who answered my questionnaire. From this we can tell the different names of the people that answered my questionnaire. This is useful for future reference incase you need to relate back to them.

This shows the gender of people who answered my questionnaire. From this, we can tell that more females responded to my questionnaire which means that the new range of phone cases appeal more to female than male. The marketing strategy I would recommend as a result of this is deciding on a suitable new range that would suit both female and male so that both genders can purchase the phone cases.

This shows the areas of the people who answered my questionnaire live. From this, we can tell that the most people lived in Bushey and Mill Hill. This means that I will be locating my new range of phone cases in these areas as that is where the majority of people are. The marketing strategy I would recommend from finding out this information is that I will carefully locate the phone case into appropriate areas that will be busy and successful and introduce individuals kiosks etc.

This shows the people that are employed full-time, unemployed or employed part-time majority of people who answered my questionnaire. From this we can tell that we should price the new range of phone cases at an appropriate pricing to fit the needs of people who are employed but part-time, which means that they will be getting money but now a lot however, they will have enough to frequently spend on luxury items such as phone cases. From these results we know that our target audience are mainly people who are employed part-time.


This shows the ages of people who answered my questionnaire. The majority of people who answered my questionnaire are aged 13-16. Following 13-16 the next age group that is extremely close to that is 17-20. This means that my target market for my new range of phone cases fits extremely well because they show it is the same from the questionnaire. The marketing strategy I would recommend as a result of this information is that I will ensure the phone cases met the requirements of my target audience and everything they said in this questionnaire because the majority of people who answered my questionnaire fit into my target audience.


This shows that the majority of people think Ottorbox's phone cases are good value for money. This means that their quality of phone cases are extremely good as the majority of customers are pleased with the phone cases. From this analysis, I would recommend focusing on keeping up the quality of the products to ensure they are constantly good value for money. I will make sure I keep the same manufactures, producers etc to keep this up.


This shows how the people who answered my questionnaire feel about the pricing of the phone cases. The majority of people said that the pricing was perfectly priced. This means that the prices that the existed cases are priced are liked by customers therefore, I will continue to use the same pricing method for the new range of phone cases. The marketing strategy I will recommend I use when producing my phone cases is to not focus so much on the pricing because this is an aspect that customers are happy with and feel is good with the product therefore I will improve other aspects that aren't so perfect.


This shows that people would purchase a phone case if a new range of cases were introduced. This is a positive response as I know that when I bring my new range of phone cases out they will be purchased and successful. From this analysis I have found out that this meets my aims and objectives of my market research which makes it a useful questionnaire.


This shows the amount of people who have and who haven't purchased a phone case from Ottorbox before. This shows that more people who answered my questionnaire haven't purchased a phone case which means that the majority of people haven't seen an Ottorbox phone case before therefore they don't have any opinions of the phone cases which is could be a positive or negative thing for the new range of phone cases. 


This shows the people who are happy and who aren't happy with their purchase. From this graph we can tell that the majority of people who answered my questionnaire were happy with their purchase. This is an important and positive response because people enjoy the phone cases therefore they will enjoy the new range of phone cases. From this analysis, the market strategy I would recommend using is keeping a good customer relationship and basis so that we receive more repeat customers.


This shows the scale between 1-5 on how the people who answered the questionnaire felt about recommending the Ottorbox's phone cases. The majority of people answered 1, which means they answered 'Yes highly'. This shows that they would highly recommend Ottorboxs phone cases.
This shows the most liked aspect of the phone case. The majority of people answered the texture which mean that the quality of the phone cases were liked and a big part of the buying decision for the phone cases. This shows my target audience rated the existing phone cases very highly which means they will hopefully enjoy the new range.


This shows the improvement or changes the customers wanted from the phone case. The majority of responses were nothing as they were pleased with the phone cases however, some of the responses were that people would have changed or improved the size of the phone case. Another response I got was that customers wanted quicker delivery. These improvements will be taken on board and will be improved when producing the new range of phone cases. The market strategy I recommend using from finding out this information is doing some more research on existing phone cases and looking at their different sizes and how thick/thin, how wide/short etc they are. Also, I would read more reviews from phone cases to get an idea about the competitors in the market and find gaps in the market for unique phone cases.


This explains the way in which people came across the Ottorbox's website. This shows that the majority of people came across it through advertisement. A lot of people also came across it through mouth of word. This means that the advertisement of Ottorbox is doing well as it is getting across to people. From this information, the marketing strategy I will recommend is using more advertisement to advertise Ottorbox's website and their new range when it comes out.

This shows the thought behind the customers purchasing the phone case. This means that people mainly choose the phone cases from Ottorbox because of the protection of the cases. Also, because of the different choices there were of the phone cases. This shows that Ottorbox's target audience choice to purchase a phone case mainly based on the protection which makes them stand out compared to their competitors clearly. When producing the new range of phone cases I will aim to focus on the protection of the cases as this is a big reason for customers purchasing the phone cases.





UNIT 10 D2

Evaluate the findings from the research undertaken

Overall the research that was carried out went well as I managed to get useful and essential information that will help me when producing the new range of phone cases. I used two different types of research, the primary research method I used was a questionnaire and the secondary research method was internet research. Both research methods were essential in helping me gain accurate and relevant information I need to produce the new range of phone cases. Both methods allowed me to cover all my aims and objectives I wanted to get out of doing the research which means it was successful and very effective.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having conducted the market research, your manager has asked you to produce a report,
    interpreting the research findings making use of appropriate charts, graphs and
    diagrams.
    In the light of the research finding, you need to provide an analysis and evaluation of the
    future marketing strategy that Gloria Jeans should follow, making use of the ANSOFF
    MATRIX?

    ReplyDelete