Friday 20 January 2017

unit 1 m2 RESUB


Unit 1- M2 Analyse your contribution


I prepared far ahead of my interview for a sales assistant to make sure I stood out and knew what I was talking about. I had a confident manner in my knowledge which benefited me as when I got asked questions by the interviewer I was prepared and on the bull and knew off by heart my answers for the questions I was asked. However, I was extremely nervous as I found it hard to deliver my words clearly and elegantly. From previous experience I had experience with interacting with customers which made it a bit easier for me to engage with the interviewer. I found preparing for my interview not as stressful as I thought as I didn’t realise I had the skills I had and I acknowledged this when I was writing out my CV and cover letter. My CV and cover letter helped me during my interview because the recruiter referred to various skills, hobbies and qualifications I had and asked me to expand on them which I did. Before my interview I had researched information about sales assistant vacancies and what they are looking for and what qualities and qualifications they should have and my qualities and qualifications.


During the interview, I was respectful and polite to my interviewer as I really want the job. What I wore was not an appropriate interview outfit as I saw other candidates in skirts whereas I wore jeans. Next time I would wear a skirt with a smart top instead of a jumper and jeans and small wedged boots to give a level of professionalism. My pronunciation of words throughout my interview were not great and next time I should be much clearer when I this will make it easier for the recruiter to understand me.


From my experience in an interview I have learnt to practise my confidence level to make sure my speech is clear and persistent. For my upcoming interviews I will ensure I dress more appropriately and more professional so that my interviews will judge me on their first impressions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Web Design Hackney

    ReplyDelete